Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh, Those Adorable Gill Girls!

Recent events have been brought to my attention, and its safe to say, that I have instinctively felt threatened. Not threatened in a sense that I felt as if things were going to change, but I felt as if my toes were being stepped on; I had a trespasser in my "turf". Actions were made, all is well, but it got me thinking. Where did this sense of being territorial come from? Why did I feel so protective, and so passionate about this one thing? This other silly female? And then it hit me. Because, readers, or non-readers, I have been raised as a Gill girl. I am my mother's daughter, and I have never been one to succumb to the bullshit brought upon by others. As far as I'm concerned, matters of the heart are always my business, and if you or someone else decide you'd like to test the waters, to see if I give a shit, I do. I am passionate about what and who I love, and who I do and what I love.



My mother. The original Gill Girl. My hero of all heroes. A Goddess living among idiot mortals. A hell raising, whiskey from the bottle, passionate, protective, creative, kind-hearted, fierce woman. A woman who has always taught me to stand up for what I believe in, fight for what I think is right, and never lose myself in the malicious intent of others.





Just thought I'd clear things up a bit. Call me crazy, call me irrational, but do not ever underestimate me for the woman I am: A hell raising, whiskey from the bottle, passionate, protective, creative, kind-hearted, fierce being of a woman.

Until next time, (paws off, baby cakes)
Shine XO

No comments:

Post a Comment