Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Where Have I Been All My Life?!

I have managed to neglect this blog, as I do every creative project I start, but no more! I am making it a priority to keep at'em and try to keep this as current as possible, even though I am almost positive no one is reading. I don't really care that no one is reading, because I have never needed a reader to be a writer, so I will continue to write regardless of any observer. On to the many changes my life has had lately!

I am no longer moving to SF at the beginning of June..I guess I could say "I never moved to San Francisco". I found myself sitting in my car, in the pouring down rain, sobbing to my best friend and watching our plans fall apart. It seemed as though her and I had both realized that the only reason I was going, was to follow her, in fear that we would not be able to be long distance friends/lovers/soul mates. Since this was most definitely the wrong reason to be leaving home, I decided to stay. And by stay, I mean stay in Redding through the summer, commuting back and forth from here to Santa Rosa, which is conveniently 45 minutes from SF, which is conveniently the new home to my main gal Tristen. Everything always works out, and the universe is most definitely on my side this time around.

Commuting back and forth from here to Santa Rosa goes as follows: I have found myself back in the arms of my loveliest long lost love. I'm going to do all of us a favor, and leave out the dirty details of our past and how we got to our present, but I will say that 8 months apart was enough for us to both realize that we missed what once was and to give it one more go, one last go. It is one blissful moment after the next. I have never been this in love in my entire life, nor do I plan on being, and I cannot begin to explain the feeling of having all I have ever wanted. Im happy. I can finally say that I am internally, down to my core self, ecstatic about my life and my future with this man. And even though being long distance is a total drag, and the fact that he is 3 hours away is pulling at my heartstrings, I also now have a home away from home. And come September, he and I will be making our home. "With our shirts, and our records, and our car, and our soy ice cream." I find myself choked up trying to describe it, but if you know me, and you know us, which I'm sure you do not, you know that I never thought we would be here again. Although technically, we're not in the same place we have been in months and years past. We've found ourselves on a completely new adventure, full of kindness and patience and every lovey-dovey-hearts-floating-in-our-eyes image one could imagine. Gross!



No comments:

Post a Comment